Queen City church to host Mega Praise event
MANCHESTER — Preparations are underway for a multi-denominational praise and worship event called “Mega Worship 2012: Magnify the Lord,” which will be held in Manchester on Saturday, Oct. 27.
The event is being hosted by the American Baptist Churches of Vermont and New Hampshire; at least 12 of their churches have committed to bringing their congregations.
The praise and worship experience will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 27 at First Baptist Church, 536 Union St., Manchester.
It is open to people of all denominations.
“It helps us to reach across denominational boundaries and just to know each other and to build a feeling of being a community with each other,” said Olga Tines, minister and director of music at New Fellowship Baptist Church in Nashua.
The Unity Music Fellowship will help lead the worship.
The fellowship was formed in 1998 by singers from Londonderry Presbyterian Church, New Fellowship Baptist Church in Nashua, First Baptist Church of Nashua, First Baptist Church of Hudson and several other churches.
It has since expanded to include other churches from other denominations.
Three rehearsals for the music ministry will be held beginning Friday, Sept. 28. Anyone interested in being part of the music ministry during the Mega Worship event should attend one of the Unity Fellowship Choir rehearsals.
The rehearsals will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. on Sept. 28 at Londonderry Presbyterian Church, 126 Pillsbury Road, Londonderry; from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Oct. 13 at United Church of Penacook, 21 Merrimack St., Penacook; and from 7 to 9 p.m. on Oct. 26 at First Baptist Church, 536 Union St., Manchester.
For more information, email email@example.com or call Lucie Robbins at 540-1918.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Colby-Sawyer lays off 16 staff workers to balance budget - 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty