H.S. Sports Roundup: Merrimack Valley posts comeback win
Rebekka Donovan of Merrimack Valley bats the ball down against Amekia Ezequelle of Souhegan in Amherst on Wednesday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Merrimack Valley of Penacook erupted for three second half goals to overcome an early deficit and went on to post a 3-2 win over host Souhegan of Amherst in NHIAA Division II field hockey action Wednesday.
Alexandria Kibbie staked Souhegan (5-4) to a 1-0 halftime lead with the only goal of the first half.
But two goals from Bekka Donovan and one from Olivia Thurber (who assisted on the other two goals) pushed Merrimack Valley (7-2-1) ahead 3-1.
Devon Hickey scored with just over 13:00 remaining in the game to make it 3-2 but Souhegan could not complete the comeback.
Goffstown 3, Kingswood 1: In Goffstown, Anne Steckowych scored a goal and added one assist to spark the 3-7 Grizzlies. Tori Florence had two assists while Hannah Grifford and Libby Gleason each scored once.
Nicole Matarozzo tallied the lone goal for the Knights. Goffstown goalie Bry Fournier had five saves.
Central 1, Dover 0: Abby Jackson scored the lone goal of the game in the second half and Abby Desharnais made eight saves to earn the shutout in net. Central is now 2-7 while Dover fell to 3-6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced