Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Clerk in Manchester battles man over cash register and wins
MANCHESTER - A convenience store clerk came out on top in a tug-of-war with a would-be robber who tried to steal a cash register Wednesday.
Police said about 4:40 p.m. a man entered Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., and tried to lure the clerk outside by telling him there was a disturbance.
The clerk did not fall for the ploy and moments later the man entered the store again and tried to take the register from the counter.
The clerk quickly grabbed onto it and the two struggled over the register until the man gave up and fled the store.
He was last seen getting into the passenger side of a red sedan which sped east in the alley behind the store.
The man is described as black, about 5-foot-8 and weighing 250 pounds. His shoulder-length hair was in dreadlocks, and he was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt and black pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-0404 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Hooksett officer struck by motorist
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424