June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Clerk in Manchester battles man over cash register and wins
MANCHESTER - A convenience store clerk came out on top in a tug-of-war with a would-be robber who tried to steal a cash register Wednesday.
Police said about 4:40 p.m. a man entered Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., and tried to lure the clerk outside by telling him there was a disturbance.
The clerk did not fall for the ploy and moments later the man entered the store again and tried to take the register from the counter.
The clerk quickly grabbed onto it and the two struggled over the register until the man gave up and fled the store.
He was last seen getting into the passenger side of a red sedan which sped east in the alley behind the store.
The man is described as black, about 5-foot-8 and weighing 250 pounds. His shoulder-length hair was in dreadlocks, and he was wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt and black pants.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-0404 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424