June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Piermont man indicted in ramming of police chief’s car
HAVERHILL — A Grafton County Superior Court grand jury has returned three indictments against a 40-year-old Piermont man accused of ramming his vehicle into the Piermont police chief’s cruiser last month.
Craig M. Dennis of Route 25C is charged with reckless conduct, simple assault on a police officer and resisting arrest or detention, all on Aug. 20 in Piermont.
Dennis “recklessly drove his vehicle” — considered a deadly weapon, according to the indictments — “from a driveway directly into a cruiser,” driven by Piermont Police Chief Robert Garvin, placing the chief in danger of serious bodily injury.
Also, Dennis’ “mouth had unprivileged physical contact with” the hand of New Hampshire State Police trooper Sean McCarthy on that date, according to the indictments, and Dennis is further accused of interfering with McCarthy’s attempts to take him into custody.
The grand jury handed up the indictments last Friday at its September session. They were made public Wednesday.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424