May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Piermont man indicted in ramming of police chief’s car
HAVERHILL — A Grafton County Superior Court grand jury has returned three indictments against a 40-year-old Piermont man accused of ramming his vehicle into the Piermont police chief’s cruiser last month.
Craig M. Dennis of Route 25C is charged with reckless conduct, simple assault on a police officer and resisting arrest or detention, all on Aug. 20 in Piermont.
Dennis “recklessly drove his vehicle” — considered a deadly weapon, according to the indictments — “from a driveway directly into a cruiser,” driven by Piermont Police Chief Robert Garvin, placing the chief in danger of serious bodily injury.
Also, Dennis’ “mouth had unprivileged physical contact with” the hand of New Hampshire State Police trooper Sean McCarthy on that date, according to the indictments, and Dennis is further accused of interfering with McCarthy’s attempts to take him into custody.
The grand jury handed up the indictments last Friday at its September session. They were made public Wednesday.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424