Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Four face charges of choking in Grafton County incidents
HAVERHILL — A Grafton County Superior Court grand jury has indicted four people in unrelated cases that involve alleged choking.
The incidents were reported in Canaan, Lincoln, Lebanon and Haverhill. The charges are all second-degree assault — attempted strangulation, between March and July. All four men, according to the indictments, “did knowingly engage in the strangulation”of women.
Michael L. Lyon, 21, of Route 4 in Canaan, is charged with applying pressure to the “neck and/or throat” of Elizabeth Slavin on March 30 in Canaan, causing her to “have difficulty breathing, difficulty speaking, and/or pain.”
In similarly-worded indictments, Bruce Bowen, 24, of Bog Road in Enfield is accused of assaulting Leticia Bowen on July 5 in Lebanon; Bryson Armstrong, 22, of Cherry Street in Northfield, Vt., is accused of assaulting Tanya Chase on June 30 in Haverhill; and Robert Halloran, 43, of Brentwood Road in Belmont, Mass., is charged with assaulting Megan Fleisner on July 14 in Lincoln.
The indictment against Bowen is one of seven charges he faces, including three counts of simple assault while on bail, two counts of criminal mischief while on bail and one count of possession while on bail, all on July 5 in Lebanon.
The charges include Bowen’s allegedly putting Leticia Bowen “in a headlock,” causing her eyeglasses to break.
Lyon was also indicted on a charge of burglary on June 12 in Canaan for allegedly entering the Canaan Food Mart while it was closed, intending to commit theft.
In other grand jury indictments handed up Friday and made public Wednesday, Adam Mekos, 28, of Green Street in West Lebanon was charged with seven counts of theft by unauthorized taking–firearms, May 27 in Enfield.
Mekos is accused of stealing a Ruger Model 03701, a Ruger Security Six, a Taurus PT99, a Taurus PT100, a Taurus PT58, a Keltec PIR-16 and a Bersa Thunder, all the property of Douglas Miller.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483