NH Audubon Society Rare Bird Alert
This is New Hampshire Audubon’s Rare Bird Alert for Monday, Sept. 24.
A black vulture was seen migrating along with a group of over 180 turkey vultures in Epping on Sept. 20.
An immature common gallinule was seen at World End Pond in Salem on Sept. 26.
Raptor migration is under way with over 10,000 raptors (including a Swainson’s hawk on Sept. 10) already reported from the Pack Monadnock Raptor Migration Observatory in Peterborough, and nearly 5,000 (including a black vulture on Sept. 21) reported from the Carter Hill Observatory in Concord, all since Aug. 25. Be sure to visit these observatories this fall season to help out with the count!
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington warning: Spring a time of danger - 0
- Bedford police will collect old, unused and unwanted drugs - 0
- Ashland Community Garden ribbon-cutting set for Saturday - 0
- Cynthia's Challenge raises $31K to help buy service dog - 0
- Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on - 0
- Hemophilia Charity Bike Ride Comes to New Hampshire - 0
- Scholars from Across U.S. Gather at Plymouth State University's 35th Annual Medieval and Renaissance Forum April 25 and 26 - 0
- Former legendary Foreigner frontman Lou Gramm to perform - 1
- Granite State campuses leap into spring with April performances - 0
In loving defense of the humble, comfy clog
Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy