Ojala NHIAA girls' golf champion
SALEM — Jocelyn Ojala needed to be every bit as good as she was Saturday.
The senior from Mascenic High of New Ipswich shot an even-par round 71 at Campbell’s Scottish Highlands to edge out senior Colette Schmidt of Lebanon by two strokes and win the 2012 NHIAA Girls State golf tournament.
The runner-up finish was Schmidt’s second in as many years; she lost to Faith Jenkins of St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover in a playoff last year.
Ojala tied for third last year, but she was 13 strokes better this time around on the same Scottish Highlands course as scores dipped from a year ago. Last year’s winning score was 81; four players matched or bettered that Saturday, including Ojala, Schmidt (73), sophomore Kaitlyn Lutinski of Pinkerton Academy of Derry (76) and Sara Feith of St. Thomas (81).
Indiana Jones of Prospect Mountain of Alton (84) was fifth, followed by Morgan Delapena of Nashua North (85) and Chelsea Sedlar of Bishop Guertin of Nashua (85).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list