Ojala NHIAA girls' golf champion
SALEM — Jocelyn Ojala needed to be every bit as good as she was Saturday.
The senior from Mascenic High of New Ipswich shot an even-par round 71 at Campbell’s Scottish Highlands to edge out senior Colette Schmidt of Lebanon by two strokes and win the 2012 NHIAA Girls State golf tournament.
The runner-up finish was Schmidt’s second in as many years; she lost to Faith Jenkins of St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover in a playoff last year.
Ojala tied for third last year, but she was 13 strokes better this time around on the same Scottish Highlands course as scores dipped from a year ago. Last year’s winning score was 81; four players matched or bettered that Saturday, including Ojala, Schmidt (73), sophomore Kaitlyn Lutinski of Pinkerton Academy of Derry (76) and Sara Feith of St. Thomas (81).
Indiana Jones of Prospect Mountain of Alton (84) was fifth, followed by Morgan Delapena of Nashua North (85) and Chelsea Sedlar of Bishop Guertin of Nashua (85).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 17
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child