Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man injured in drunk driving crash, driver charged with felony DWI
MARLBOROUGH - A Peterborough man suffered life-threatening injuries when the car he was in hit a tree, the female driver is charged with felony DWI.
Rebecca L. Reed, 22, of Peterborough, was headed east on Route 101 around 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she suddenly veered her 2008 Hyundai Elantra to the left, leaving the road and hitting the tree head-on, according to Marlborough Police Chief Christopher Lyons.
The accident happened in the area of Frazier's Garage.
Reed's passenger, Kristopher J. Powers, 23, of Peterborough was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Keene with life-threatening injuries, Lyons said. First responders initially called for the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team helicopter to take Powers to Lebanon, but weather kept the helicopter grounded, Powers was later brought to the Lebanon hospital by ambulance, Lyons said.
Reed suffered injuries in the crash and was admitted to the Keene hospital, Lyons said. She is being charged with a felony level DWI and one count of having an open container of alcohol in the car, Lyons said. She will be arraigned after she recovers enough to appear in court, according to Lyons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072