Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man injured in drunk driving crash, driver charged with felony DWI
MARLBOROUGH - A Peterborough man suffered life-threatening injuries when the car he was in hit a tree, the female driver is charged with felony DWI.
Rebecca L. Reed, 22, of Peterborough, was headed east on Route 101 around 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she suddenly veered her 2008 Hyundai Elantra to the left, leaving the road and hitting the tree head-on, according to Marlborough Police Chief Christopher Lyons.
The accident happened in the area of Frazier's Garage.
Reed's passenger, Kristopher J. Powers, 23, of Peterborough was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Keene with life-threatening injuries, Lyons said. First responders initially called for the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team helicopter to take Powers to Lebanon, but weather kept the helicopter grounded, Powers was later brought to the Lebanon hospital by ambulance, Lyons said.
Reed suffered injuries in the crash and was admitted to the Keene hospital, Lyons said. She is being charged with a felony level DWI and one count of having an open container of alcohol in the car, Lyons said. She will be arraigned after she recovers enough to appear in court, according to Lyons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty