Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man injured in drunk driving crash, driver charged with felony DWI
MARLBOROUGH - A Peterborough man suffered life-threatening injuries when the car he was in hit a tree, the female driver is charged with felony DWI.
Rebecca L. Reed, 22, of Peterborough, was headed east on Route 101 around 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she suddenly veered her 2008 Hyundai Elantra to the left, leaving the road and hitting the tree head-on, according to Marlborough Police Chief Christopher Lyons.
The accident happened in the area of Frazier's Garage.
Reed's passenger, Kristopher J. Powers, 23, of Peterborough was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Keene with life-threatening injuries, Lyons said. First responders initially called for the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team helicopter to take Powers to Lebanon, but weather kept the helicopter grounded, Powers was later brought to the Lebanon hospital by ambulance, Lyons said.
Reed suffered injuries in the crash and was admitted to the Keene hospital, Lyons said. She is being charged with a felony level DWI and one count of having an open container of alcohol in the car, Lyons said. She will be arraigned after she recovers enough to appear in court, according to Lyons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 3
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072