Hooksett school panel works on student data
Hooksett mulls high school options with Manchester, Pinkerton
As Hooksett waits for answers on the fate of the town's relationship with Manchester High School Central, the High School Assessment Committee is busy working on a database.
The goal is to collect data from all schools attended by Hooksett students — including Pinkerton Academy in Derry, Bow High School and Pembroke Academy — with proposed categories including population, student/teacher ratio, technology use, ESL population, accreditation status and dropout rates.
“They're still counted as Hooksett students, but the school board really loses track of what's going on at these different schools,” said David Pearl, school board and committee member. “So the idea of this was to bring parents in to create a database that the school board could easily access to see what's being offered at these schools, how many children we have, and how they're doing at these schools.”
The High School Assessment Committee is not authorized to make any recommendations to the Hooksett School Board on Central's fitness for Hooksett students or plausible alternatives to the Manchester school.
“This was brought up well before Manchester had any budget trouble,” Pearl said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 10
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112