Hooksett school panel works on student data
Hooksett mulls high school options with Manchester, Pinkerton
As Hooksett waits for answers on the fate of the town's relationship with Manchester High School Central, the High School Assessment Committee is busy working on a database.
The goal is to collect data from all schools attended by Hooksett students — including Pinkerton Academy in Derry, Bow High School and Pembroke Academy — with proposed categories including population, student/teacher ratio, technology use, ESL population, accreditation status and dropout rates.
“They're still counted as Hooksett students, but the school board really loses track of what's going on at these different schools,” said David Pearl, school board and committee member. “So the idea of this was to bring parents in to create a database that the school board could easily access to see what's being offered at these schools, how many children we have, and how they're doing at these schools.”
The High School Assessment Committee is not authorized to make any recommendations to the Hooksett School Board on Central's fitness for Hooksett students or plausible alternatives to the Manchester school.
“This was brought up well before Manchester had any budget trouble,” Pearl said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 18
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 4
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112