Bedford girl raises $4,000 for fire-damaged farm
BEDFORD — In less than a month, a 9-year-old riding student at Perry Hill Farm organized a fundraiser that netted a $4,000 donation to the farm's owner, whose 14 horses perished in a barn fire in September.
Maeve Jackson, with the help of Carrabba's owner Danny Somaru, sold raffle tickets for $2 apiece, for prizes donated by the restaurant that included a wine tasting dinner for 10.
Jackson sold tickets through friends, family and at Bedford High School football teams, and Somaru sold them to Carrabba's customers.
The two presented Perry Hill Farm owner Harriet Finks with a check for $4,000 at the restaurant Sunday evening.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name