Poll by pro-Democratic group shows Obama leading Romney by 7.5 percent in NH
MANCHESTER -- A poll released Tuesday by the pro-Democratic Progressive Change Campaign Committee has President Barack Obama leading Mitt Romney by 7.5 percentage points in New Hampshire.
The poll of 862 likely voters, completed by Public Policy Polling on Sept. 24-25, shows Obama with 51 percent, Romney with 43.5 percent with 5.5 percent undecided.
The poll comes on the heels of a WMUR poll completed by the University of New Hampshire which shows Obama leading Romney by 15 percentage points.
Those surveyed were also asked a health care question:
“Would you support or oppose creating a public health insurance option administered by the federal government that would compete with plans offered by private health insurance companies?”
According to PCCC and PPP, 47 percent of those polled support a public option, 40.5 percent opposed it and 12.5 percent were not sure.
“This is the second poll released in two days showing New Hampshire voters rejecting Mitt Romney,” said PCCC spokesman Neil Sroka. “And the same voters on the verge of re-electing President Obama still want a public option that competes with private health insurance companies.”
The poll is available at 2012polling.com/NH.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use