May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Mom of three charged with DWI, endangering children
SALEM — A mother of three was charged with endangering her children and threatening to kill a police officer after being stopped for alleged drunken driving, according to police.
The mother, Gina Suliveras, 39, of Windham was refusing to give up her keys to a concerned resident while in the parking lot of the Workout Club on Pelham Road around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, police said. Suliveras had her three children — ages 9, 6, and 4 — riding as passengers in the car, police said.
The 9-year-old told one witness not to call the police because an aunt was already coming to get them, police said.
Police were called to the parking lot, found Suliveras’ vehicle and blocked it from leaving.
When approached by police, Suliveras became belligerent and fell getting out of her car, police said. She failed field sobriety tests and was taken into custody.
One of the children handed an officer an open bottle of Pinot Grigio wine and said to the officer, “I think this is why Mommy is so sleepy,” according to police.
Police charged Suliveras with aggravated drunken driving, criminal threatening, having an open container and three counts of endanger the welfare of a child. The three children were released to a family member at the scene, police said.
Suliveras remained belligerent while being booked at the police station — at one point telling a police officer that she was a nurse at Lawrence (Mass.) General Hospital and would remember his name.
She told the officer she “hoped he got shot and died,” police said.
She also told the officer that if he or his wife and kids ever sought treatment at the hospital then she would kill them, police said.
Suliveras was processed then released on $500 personal recognizance bail. The Department of Children, Youth & Families was also contacted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 12
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424