May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester man ambushed, robbed by duo hiding behind tree, bush
MANCHESTER — Two men pinned another man to the ground and stole his wallet in a mugging Tuesday night on Middle Street, near Franklin Street, police said.
The 49-year-old victim did not report the robbery until Wednesday, according to a news release.
The man told investigators he was walking on Middle Street about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday when a man jumped out from behind a tree and knocked him to the ground.
The man was on top of him when a second man came out from behind a nearby bush and together, they pinned him to the ground, went through his pockets and stole his wallet.
They ran off toward Elm Street, ditching the wallet after emptying it of its cash. Police said the victim chased after his assailants but lost sight of them on Dean Avenue. He told police he spent the rest of the evening walking around downtown trying to find them.
He described them as white men, 18 to 20 years old, both of average height and build. One wore a black, hooded sweatshirt with newer-looking white and black sneakers. The other wore a navy-blue, hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 8
- Carroll man sentenced to 63 to 127 years for burglaries - 9
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 11
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424