All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Small grease fire causes smoke inhalation in Durham

DURHAM &#-; A person was treated for smoke inhalation after a small grease fire occurred in a horse barn this morning.

Firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 11:47 a.m. after receiving a call from 288 Mast Road.

Fire Chief Cory Landry said there was a grease fire on the stove, which filled a small barn with smoke.

&#';They had knocked it down before we arrived,&#'; Landry said, adding he saw no animals in the barn, but one person was being treated at the scene by McGregor Memorial Ambulance personnel.

Landry was not sure whether the person needed further attention at the hospital.

McGregor Ambulance personnel would not release further details, including whether someone was transported or any patient condition.

After ensuring the grease fire was out, Landry said firefighters left the scene to respond to an electrical fire in Mills Hall at the University of New Hampshire. He added the incident, which caused the building to be evacuated, began in a maintenance area.

Landry said no injuries occurred during the incident.


action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety