Home » News » Public Safety
Small grease fire causes smoke inhalation in Durham
DURHAM – A person was treated for smoke inhalation after a small grease fire occurred in a horse barn this morning.
Firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 11:47 a.m. after receiving a call from 288 Mast Road.
Fire Chief Cory Landry said there was a grease fire on the stove, which filled a small barn with smoke.
“They had knocked it down before we arrived,” Landry said, adding he saw no animals in the barn, but one person was being treated at the scene by McGregor Memorial Ambulance personnel.
Landry was not sure whether the person needed further attention at the hospital.
McGregor Ambulance personnel would not release further details, including whether someone was transported or any patient condition.
After ensuring the grease fire was out, Landry said firefighters left the scene to respond to an electrical fire in Mills Hall at the University of New Hampshire. He added the incident, which caused the building to be evacuated, began in a maintenance area.
Landry said no injuries occurred during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'