Diocese of Manchester announces new parish assignments, details of pontifical Mass
MANCHESTER — Bishop Peter A. Libasci of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester has announced the following changes in parish assignments:
The Rev. Marcel I. Martel resigned as pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Littleton and was granted a health leave by the bishop effective July 12. The Rev. Mark E. Dollard will take over as pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish effective Oct. 6.
The Rev. Marc R. Gagne was appointed pastor of Good Shepherd Parish in Berlin and Holy Family Parish in Gorham effective Oct. 6.
The Rev. Edward J. Kelley was appointed temporary administrator of the Parish of the Assumption in Dover effective Sept. 19. He will serve in this position until a new pastor is named.
The diocese has also announced that the bishop will mark the opening of the “Year of Faith” by celebrating a pontifical Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral on Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. All are invited to attend.
The Mass will occur in concert with similar celebrations held throughout the world, including by Pope Benedict XVI in Rome.
The Year of Faith, announced by the Pope last year, will take place from October 2012 until November 2013. In his apostolic letter “Porta Fidei,” the Pope proclaimed that it should be a year for Catholics to walk through the “door of faith” and rediscover and renew their relationship with Christ and his church.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spanish exchange students feel welcomed at Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem