Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Wolfeboro man charged with church burglary, forgery
WOLFEBORO — Local police arrested a homeless man on Wednesday and charged him with burglarizing a local church and forging checks stolen from there.
Wolfeboro police Sgt. Randall Archambault reported that he arrested Robert F. Connell, 37, no address, after the U.S. Marshal's Service tracked Connell to a homeless shelter in Laconia. He was taken into custody without incident and returned to Wolfeboro, where he was charged with burglary. Authorities allege that he stole from All Saints Church. He is charged with receiving stolen property, forgery and criminal mischief.
Officials at All Saints Church reported the burglary on Aug. 18, and three days later, the church discovered several checks were missing and that one of them had been forged and passed at People's Bank on Bay Street in Wolfeboro. Police and bank security identified Connell as the person seen passing the check at the bank, according to the police statement.
Connell was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Carroll County Jail.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424