June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Wolfeboro man charged with church burglary, forgery
WOLFEBORO — Local police arrested a homeless man on Wednesday and charged him with burglarizing a local church and forging checks stolen from there.
Wolfeboro police Sgt. Randall Archambault reported that he arrested Robert F. Connell, 37, no address, after the U.S. Marshal's Service tracked Connell to a homeless shelter in Laconia. He was taken into custody without incident and returned to Wolfeboro, where he was charged with burglary. Authorities allege that he stole from All Saints Church. He is charged with receiving stolen property, forgery and criminal mischief.
Officials at All Saints Church reported the burglary on Aug. 18, and three days later, the church discovered several checks were missing and that one of them had been forged and passed at People's Bank on Bay Street in Wolfeboro. Police and bank security identified Connell as the person seen passing the check at the bank, according to the police statement.
Connell was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Carroll County Jail.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 34
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424