Home » News » Public Safety
Listeria contamination prompts NH popcorn recall
CONCORD — Dale and Thomas Popcorn is voluntarily recalling ready-to-eat bags of Popcorn, Indiana-brand popcorn products because of possible contamination by listeria monocytogenes. The Department of Health and Human Services said Friday it is not aware of any illnesses associated with the recall.
The recalled products were distributed to various retailers, vendors, distribution centers, and consumers through the Internet on or after Aug. 8, with “Best By” dates of Feb. 4, 2013 through March 12, 2013, the department said.
Recalled products were packaged in red bags of various sizes. A list of recalled flavors and bag sizes is posted at http://www.popcornindiana.com/recall-list.
Products involved in the recall should be discarded or returned to the original point of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms of listeriosis, which can be treated with antibiotics, include fever, muscle aches, and sometimes nausea and vomiting.
Direct questions about listeriosis to the N.H. Division of Public Health Services at 603-271-4496.
Information about the recall can be found at www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack