Pinkerton impressive in win
Ryan Williams scored two goals, and Pinkerton Academy of Derry snapped a three-game losing streak with an impressive 5-0 win at Nashua North in Division I soccer play Thursday.
Tim Wood set the tone early, scoring in the fourth minute, and Devin Croteau scored to give Pinkerton a 2-0 lead at halftime.
Williams scored twice within a 10-minute span, and Devin Moore added the final goal as the Astros improved to 9-4. The Astros also were led by Chris Horan, John Hamilton, Matt Dunn and Brian Kling. Alex Horan made three saves for the shutout. North goalie Tim Closson had 16 saves.
The Titans fell to 3-7-2.
“Boy, did we need this. We have been struggling in all areas of the game for the past week, and it was nice to see the boys respond like this today,” Pinkerton coach Kerry Boles said. “The intensity, the attitude and aggressiveness picked up a few notches and a good result followed. We will need similar play on Wednesday when we host undefeated Bedford. This will be another major test and challenge for us.”
Bedford 4, Londonderry 3 (OT): Amy Gagliardi scored in overtime to lift Bedford past visiting Londonderry. Lindsey Poremba, Tory Call and Laura Costas also scored for Bedford (4-7) in a back-and-forth affair. The Lancers dropped to 7-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840