Pinkerton impressive in win
Ryan Williams scored two goals, and Pinkerton Academy of Derry snapped a three-game losing streak with an impressive 5-0 win at Nashua North in Division I soccer play Thursday.
Tim Wood set the tone early, scoring in the fourth minute, and Devin Croteau scored to give Pinkerton a 2-0 lead at halftime.
Williams scored twice within a 10-minute span, and Devin Moore added the final goal as the Astros improved to 9-4. The Astros also were led by Chris Horan, John Hamilton, Matt Dunn and Brian Kling. Alex Horan made three saves for the shutout. North goalie Tim Closson had 16 saves.
The Titans fell to 3-7-2.
“Boy, did we need this. We have been struggling in all areas of the game for the past week, and it was nice to see the boys respond like this today,” Pinkerton coach Kerry Boles said. “The intensity, the attitude and aggressiveness picked up a few notches and a good result followed. We will need similar play on Wednesday when we host undefeated Bedford. This will be another major test and challenge for us.”
Bedford 4, Londonderry 3 (OT): Amy Gagliardi scored in overtime to lift Bedford past visiting Londonderry. Lindsey Poremba, Tory Call and Laura Costas also scored for Bedford (4-7) in a back-and-forth affair. The Lancers dropped to 7-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840