All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In



Firefighters resonded quickly to the fire in the kitchen at the Red Fox. (SARA YOUNG-KNOX)

Fire damage closes popular Jackson restaurant

JACKSON &#-; An early morning fire at the Red Fox Bar & Grille on Sunday kept the popular restaurant closed on one of the busiest days of the year in Mount Washington Valley.

Jackson firefighter Cyrus Dimock said the alarm at the restaurant was activated around 5 a.m., and was toned out as a fire in the kitchen. Dimock said the fire spread from there.

&#';It was under control within an hour,&#'; he reported, adding that it was out in about two hours, and though the water and smoke damage was extensive.
The Jackson Fire Department was assisted by the Bartlett and North Conway fire departments.

The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.

Owner Mike Mallett was not available for comment.


action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety