Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damage closes popular Jackson restaurant
JACKSON – An early morning fire at the Red Fox Bar & Grille on Sunday kept the popular restaurant closed on one of the busiest days of the year in Mount Washington Valley.
Jackson firefighter Cyrus Dimock said the alarm at the restaurant was activated around 5 a.m., and was toned out as a fire in the kitchen. Dimock said the fire spread from there.
“It was under control within an hour,” he reported, adding that it was out in about two hours, and though the water and smoke damage was extensive.
The Jackson Fire Department was assisted by the Bartlett and North Conway fire departments.
The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.
Owner Mike Mallett was not available for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'