Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damage closes popular Jackson restaurant
JACKSON – An early morning fire at the Red Fox Bar & Grille on Sunday kept the popular restaurant closed on one of the busiest days of the year in Mount Washington Valley.
Jackson firefighter Cyrus Dimock said the alarm at the restaurant was activated around 5 a.m., and was toned out as a fire in the kitchen. Dimock said the fire spread from there.
“It was under control within an hour,” he reported, adding that it was out in about two hours, and though the water and smoke damage was extensive.
The Jackson Fire Department was assisted by the Bartlett and North Conway fire departments.
The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.
Owner Mike Mallett was not available for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse