Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damage closes popular Jackson restaurant
JACKSON – An early morning fire at the Red Fox Bar & Grille on Sunday kept the popular restaurant closed on one of the busiest days of the year in Mount Washington Valley.
Jackson firefighter Cyrus Dimock said the alarm at the restaurant was activated around 5 a.m., and was toned out as a fire in the kitchen. Dimock said the fire spread from there.
“It was under control within an hour,” he reported, adding that it was out in about two hours, and though the water and smoke damage was extensive.
The Jackson Fire Department was assisted by the Bartlett and North Conway fire departments.
The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.
Owner Mike Mallett was not available for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072