All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Bird’s nest ignites, causing $10K in damages to Dover home


October 07. 2012 9:07PM

DOVER- An estimated $10,000 in damage was caused to a home on Gulf Road when a bird's nest in a fireplace vent caught fire.

Dover firefighters were called to 189 Gulf Road (Route 101) around 10:30 a.m. Sunday for a report of heavy smoke inside a home. Upon arrival, they saw a fire in a vent above a gas fireplace. The fire was knocked down roughly five minutes after crews arrived.

Dover firefighters said the small blaze was caused when a bird's nest in the vent ignited when the fireplace was turned on Sunday, but not before $10,000 in damage was caused to the exterior of the home. Residents were able to return to the home once crews finished mopping up.

Crews from Newington, Somersworth, Rochester and Rollinsford covered Dover fire headquarters while firefighters were onscene.


Fires Animals Dover


More Headlines

Aggregation