Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages gentlemen's club in Bedford
BEDFORD — The Gold Club Adult Entertainment complex on South River Road caught fire Sunday morning, according to Bedford Fire Chief Scott Wiggin.
No one was in the strip club when the fire started around 8 a.m. Sunday, Wiggin said. The automatic alarm went off, notifying the fire department, he said.
Firefighters found smoke in the building coming from a front bathroom. Wiggin said the cause was likely electrical malfunction in the overhead fan in the bathroom. The building's automatic sprinklers kept the fire from spreading, Wiggin said, saving the building from heavy damage.
“Everything seemed to work” Wiggin said.
Firefighters aired out the building with fans. Wiggin estimates the fire did between $5,000 and $7,000 in total damages.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 0
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers