Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages gentlemen's club in Bedford
BEDFORD — The Gold Club Adult Entertainment complex on South River Road caught fire Sunday morning, according to Bedford Fire Chief Scott Wiggin.
No one was in the strip club when the fire started around 8 a.m. Sunday, Wiggin said. The automatic alarm went off, notifying the fire department, he said.
Firefighters found smoke in the building coming from a front bathroom. Wiggin said the cause was likely electrical malfunction in the overhead fan in the bathroom. The building's automatic sprinklers kept the fire from spreading, Wiggin said, saving the building from heavy damage.
“Everything seemed to work” Wiggin said.
Firefighters aired out the building with fans. Wiggin estimates the fire did between $5,000 and $7,000 in total damages.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 16
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072