Monarchs win exhibition, defeat Portland in OT
Brian O’Neill’s goal 3:59 into overtime gave the Manchester Monarchs a 4-3 exhibition win over the Portland Pirates in an AHL play at the Portland Ice Arena Sunday.
David Kolomatis, Nikolay Prokhorkin and Nick Deslauriers had the other goals for Manchester, with Deslauriers’ tally coming on a breakaway with 53 seconds remaining in regulation to make it 3-2.
Portland’s Chris Brown scored with 23 ticks left on the clock to force overtime.
The Monarchs play Portland again today at 3 p.m. at the Icenter in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delaney Flanagan: Memories at the graveyard - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 1
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time