Monarchs win exhibition, defeat Portland in OT
Brian O’Neill’s goal 3:59 into overtime gave the Manchester Monarchs a 4-3 exhibition win over the Portland Pirates in an AHL play at the Portland Ice Arena Sunday.
David Kolomatis, Nikolay Prokhorkin and Nick Deslauriers had the other goals for Manchester, with Deslauriers’ tally coming on a breakaway with 53 seconds remaining in regulation to make it 3-2.
Portland’s Chris Brown scored with 23 ticks left on the clock to force overtime.
The Monarchs play Portland again today at 3 p.m. at the Icenter in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 13
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs