NH Department of Environmental Services offering grants to ensure watersheds
CONCORD -- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services has $400,000 to distribute in grants for communities and nonprofits to improve watersheds in 2013.
The Watershed Assistance Grants will support local initiatives to restore impaired or protect high quality waters.
The grants are offered to municipalities, nonprofit organizations, state agencies, regional planning commission and county conservation districts.
The application deadline is Nov. 21.
Funds can be used to develop and implement approved watershed plans that address specific water pollution problems. Solutions can include a range of activities, such as installing rain gardens, green roofs, and porous pavement, stabilizing stream banks and implementing storm water utilities.
For more information and a copy of the proposal form, visit des.nh.gov.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 22
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641