Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: SNHU men's soccer winning streak ends
It took an overtime goal to snap the Penmen’s six-game winning streak Tuesday.
A goal 5:12 into overtime lifted Bentley University to a 1-0 Northeast-10 men’s soccer victory over No. 12 Southern New Hampshire University in Waltham, Mass. The Falcons won their second straight to improve to 6-3-2 and 4-2-2 in the NE-10, while the Penmen are now 10-2 and 6-2 in the league.
Michael Kahn scored the game-winning goal in the 96th minute for Bentley.
The Penmen outshot the Falcons 13-5 on the afternoon.
Gordon College 7, Plymouth State 0: In Wenham, Mass., Taylor McSherry netted a hat trick to lead the 11-2 Fighting Scots. Jamie Breton of Concord had a goal in the win.
St. Anselm 5, Colby-Sawyer 4: In Manchester, Nick Schwab and Michael Hanna each earned a pair of wins for the Hawks.
Plymouth State 3, Southern Maine 0: In Plymouth, Sam Clark and Kaitlyn Coon combined for 27 kills. Casey Stoodley of Salem, who leads the LEC in kills, finished with nine winners and a team-high 11 digs for PSU.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options