Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: St. Anselm women booters defeat Franklin Pierce
Freshman midfielder Callie Millet converted two second-half shots in a span of 4 minutes, 13 seconds, lifting the St. Anselm College women’s soccer team to a 2-1 win against Franklin Pierce University on Wednesday in Goffstown.
Millet buried the equalizer at 71:45, redirecting a cross into the box from Megan Simon. The goal erased the Ravens’ lead, which stood since 39th minute. Aya Noguchi rifled home a loose ball at the top of the box. Epping’s Kaitlin Oldfield and Hooksett’s Lindsay Johnson assisted on the winner at 75:58.
SNHU 1 at St. Michael’s 1 (2 ot): At Colchester, Vt., Lexxi Carroll collected a loose ball in the first half and fired a strike from 20 yards out to knot the match. Manchester’s Maggie Weldon made two saves for the Penmen (8-3-2, 6-3-2 NE-10).
UNH 2, Hartford 1 (2 ot): At Hartford, David Schlatter buried a low shot to the far post after getting the ball in a corner-kick scrum. The goal, in the 104th minute, lifted the Wildcats to 5-4-3.
Boston College 1, Dartmouth 0: At Newton, Mass., Noah Cohen made four saves in the setback that dropped the Big Green to 5-6-0.
Daniel Webster 2, Regis 1: At Nashua, the Eagles (3-8-2, 2-2 NECC) erased a halftime deficit in the final 20 minutes. Alex Towne netted the equalizer before Alton Bay’s Erick Boudreau struck the game-winner in the 76th minute.
Fitchburg St. 2, Rivier 0: At Fitchburg, Mass., goalie Matt St. Peter made five saves in defeat. The Raiders dropped to 0-10-1 overall.
AIC 3, St. Anselm 1: At Springfield, Mass., despite holding a 20-16 advantage in shots and 11-6 edge in penalty corners, the Hawks dropped to 6-9. Kristina Katsikis scored in defeat. Bennington’s Shauna Whittemore made 11 saves.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan