Home » News » Public Safety
Runaway Candia teenager missing for over a week
Amanda Julian, 16 years old, has been missing for over a week after running away from her Candia home October 2, according to town police.
Julian sneaked out of her house sometime the evening of October 2 while her parents were in their bedroom. She was discovered missing after her parents attempted to check on her and found her room empty. They made a report to the police immediately.
Her motivation for running away is not clear at this time, nor is how she left the house undetected. She was last seen entering an unidentified car outside of her home.
“There aren't any crazy circumstances involved,” said Candia Police Officer Daniel Gray. “Obviously, the parents are extremely concerned. We're just trying to put a lot of eyes out.”
Candia police believe she is currently somewhere in the Manchester area, although she is known to have friends in Florida and New York. Candia police have been coordinating with the Manchester Police Department in their efforts to locate the missing girl. Julian attends school at Manchester Memorial High School as a sophomore.
The departments have been interviewing the girl's friends and others known to associate with her, and have been following up on other leads as they come in, but no clear information on her whereabouts has yet materialized. Candia police have been in regular contact with the girl's parents, who could not be contacted for comment.
“The longer she's been gone, the more significant it is,” said Gray. “It's easy for a young girl to get in over her head, and we don't want to see anything like that happen.”
Missing person posters have been put up by the family around the Manchester area. If you have any information regarding Amanda Julian's whereabouts, contact Candia Police at 603-483-2318.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands