Home » News » Public Safety
Two women injured in accident in Rochester Thursday afternoon
ROCHESTER – Two women were transported to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries as a result of a head-on collision which closed Pickering Road for about 35 minutes this afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 4:40 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Toyota Celica, driven by Sara Garland, 21, of New Durham, struck a northbound Toyota Corolla, driven by Betty Bush, 70, of Rochester.
Paramedics transported the pair to Wentworth Douglass Hospital in Dover for non-life threatening injuries, according to the police.
After conducting a preliminary investigation, police believe Garland lost control of her vehicle, which caused it to cross into the northbound lane. As both vehicles suffered substantial damage, they had to be towed from the scene, which closed the road briefly. The air bags deployed on the Toyota Corolla, according to police.
Police continue to investigate the accident and anyone with information about the incident should contact Officer Justin Seckendorf at (603) 330-7128, leave an anonymous tip with the Rochester Crime Line at (603) 335-6500 or Text to: CRIMES (274637) Body of Text: TEXT4CASH + your tip. Cash rewards are offered for information that leads to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'