May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Car flips over; police dog nabs suspect
MANCHESTER — A teenager was bitten by a police dog Friday afternoon after running away from the scene of an accident and trying to hide in a wooded area, according to police.
Jack Haycock, 17, was a passenger in a car driven by Mwafeg Dawod, 19, of Manchester, that swerved across Brown Avenue near its intersection with Tessier Street about 3 p.m. Friday, went off the road, into a parking lot and flipped over, police Lt. Michael Hurley said.
Haycock, who lives in an Easter Seals group home, and another passenger, Cody Loos, 16, of Manchester, were not wearing seat belts and were thrown from the car, though neither suffered serious injuries, Hurley said.
Hurley said Haycock ran from the scene of the accident and was followed by several witnesses. Police dog Bud and his handler tracked Haycock to a wooded area near railroad tracks that run along the Merrimack River, he said.
Haycock was asked several times to come out before Bud was released, Hurley said. Bud found the teen and bit him on an arm, he said.
“That’s what they’re trained to do,” Hurley said.
All three involved in the accident were taken to Elliot Hospital for treatment of their injuries, Hurley said. Haycock was charged with resisting arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 16
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 11
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424