Home » News » Public Safety
Passenger flees on foot after car flips on Brown Ave.
MANCHESTER — One person fled the scene on foot and two others required hospital treatment for minor injuries after fleeing the scene of an accident on Brown Avenue Friday afternoon.
Police said that the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Mwafeg Dawod, 19, of Manchester, flipped over at Brown Avenue and Tessier Street about 3 p.m..
Dawod and one passenger, Cody Loos, 16, of Manchester were taken for hospital treatment.
The other passenger in the car, Jack Haycock, 17, of Manchester, took off on foot. He was captured a short time later with the police canine unit. Police said he had recently walked away from a residential program.
Dawod told police he had been attempting to change from the left to the right lane when the car hit the curb on the northbound side of Brown Avenue and he lost control of the vehicle. The car then veered across the southbound lane and went onto the sidewalk in front of the Manchester Firing Line shooting range and rolled over.
Police are investigating to determine if Dawod will be cited in connection with the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 11
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 16
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013