Home » News » Public Safety
Workers at seven stores hit for selling alcohol to minors
PLAISTOW — Police cited workers at seven stores for allegedly selling alcohol to a minor.
In an investigation into underage sales, police Thursday night sent an underage male into random local establishments licensed to sell alcohol, where he attempted to make purchases.
Of the 15 businesses investigated, workers at seven of the establishments sold to the minor, police said.
Those reported in violation were Shaw's Supermarket, 4 Plaistow Road; A.L. Prime Energy Convenience Store (Irving Gas), 93 Plaistow Road; Signal Variety, 63 Plaistow Road; Northland Variety, 134 Newton Road; Corner Pocket, 181 Plaistow Road; Plaistow Pizza Co., 133 Plaistow Road; and 2 Sisters Sports Bar, 20 Plaistow Road.
Police said the employees will be charged with a violation for prohibited sales and will appear in the 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow on Dec. 3.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'