Home » News » Public Safety
Workers at seven stores hit for selling alcohol to minors
PLAISTOW — Police cited workers at seven stores for allegedly selling alcohol to a minor.
In an investigation into underage sales, police Thursday night sent an underage male into random local establishments licensed to sell alcohol, where he attempted to make purchases.
Of the 15 businesses investigated, workers at seven of the establishments sold to the minor, police said.
Those reported in violation were Shaw's Supermarket, 4 Plaistow Road; A.L. Prime Energy Convenience Store (Irving Gas), 93 Plaistow Road; Signal Variety, 63 Plaistow Road; Northland Variety, 134 Newton Road; Corner Pocket, 181 Plaistow Road; Plaistow Pizza Co., 133 Plaistow Road; and 2 Sisters Sports Bar, 20 Plaistow Road.
Police said the employees will be charged with a violation for prohibited sales and will appear in the 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow on Dec. 3.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over