SNHU rides Samuel goal to 1-0 win over Southern Conn.
Dominic Samuel scored the match’s only goal and Dom DiMaggio had three saves as No. 12 Southern New Hampshire University edged Southern Connecticut State, 1-0, in Northeast-10 men’s soccer action Friday night in New Haven, Conn.
New Hampshire 4, Vermont 2: At Durham, UNH’s Lynne Lehman tied the game at 2-2 before Megan Bozek and Molly Heaney of East Kingston won the contest with unassisted goals coming just over two minutes apart during the game’s final 10 minutes. Hopkinton’s Hannah Richard tallied UNH’s first-half goal.
Bowdoin 3, Colby-Sawyer 0: At Brunswick, Maine, the Polar Bears won by scores of 25-16, 25-13 and 25-14, dipping the Chargers to 9-13.
Albany 3, New Hampshire 1: At Albany, N.Y., Morgan Thatcher and Tori Forrest had 16 kills apiece for UNH (12-9, 4-1) which ended its seven-game win streak.
Southern New Hampshire 9, St. Anselm 0: At Manchester, SNHU’s Alena Mukdaprakorn defeated Alexandra Lawrence at No. 1 singles, 6-1, 6-1. Mukdaprakorn teamed with Diana Vambakitis to win her doubles match, also.
Bentley 9, St. Anselm 0: At Waltham, Mass., the Hawks dropped to 2-3 overall and 1-3 in Northeast-10.
play while the Falcons remained perfect and 3-0, 3-0.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840