Author to speak on book on Colebrook slayings today in Concord at 1:30 p.m.
Richard Adams Carey will talk about ';Murder in New Hampshire — Colebrook, 1997,'; at Concord Public Library, 45 Green St., at 1:30 p.m.
He will be joined by John Harrigan, who was owner and publisher of the News and Sentinel newspaper in Colebrook at the time.
Harrigan, currently a columnist for the New Hampshire Sunday News, was a 1998 Pulitzer Prize finalist for his coverage of the murderous rampage of Carl Drega in Colebrook in the summer of 1997.
On deadline, with his editor, Dennis Joos, dead and his lifelong friend Judge Vicky Bunnell shot down in a parking lot outside the newspaper, Harrigan and his staff went to work to put out the paper and to convey the shocking news that not only Bunnell and Joos had been killed but also state troopers Scott Phillips and Leslie Lord.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.