Home » News » Public Safety
Three fires set within minutes Saturday night
MANCHESTER — Three fires were set within a two-block area in a 12-minute span Saturday night, authorities said.
Fire investigators and Manchester police were investigating the arsons, which were reported about 8:30 p.m., according to District Fire Chief Michael Gamache.
A fire at 566 Somerville St. involved two large trash toters that were against an occupied residence. A fire at 150 Wilson St. was set in a trash can next to an exterior 275-gallon oil tank and adjacent to an auto body shop. All three trash containers were destroyed, but the structures sustained no damage because of the quick response by residents and fire crews from the Somerville Street station, Gamache said.
A small brush fire was set against a stockade fence at 481 Dix St., causing minimal damage, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072