Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in trail accident in Hinsdale
HINSDALE — A 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries in an ATV accident at the Hinsdale Campground on Saturday.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were called to the Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill at 2:53 p.m. Saturday, to respond to an accident involving two off-highway recreational vehicles. The accident occurred near power lines on private property outside of the campground.
The accident involved an ATV and a trail bike. A 14-year-old girl from Bennington, Vt., was operating the ATV heading east on a trail when it collided with a trail bike ridden by Michael Binney, 52 of East Long Meadow, Mass., which was heading north through a trail intersection.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the front wheel of Binney’s trail bike struck the juvenile female in the collision. The girl sustained serious injuries and was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Hinsdale Fire personnel, where she was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for further treatment due to the serious nature of her injuries.
The accident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Hinsdale Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition