Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in trail accident in Hinsdale
HINSDALE — A 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries in an ATV accident at the Hinsdale Campground on Saturday.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were called to the Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill at 2:53 p.m. Saturday, to respond to an accident involving two off-highway recreational vehicles. The accident occurred near power lines on private property outside of the campground.
The accident involved an ATV and a trail bike. A 14-year-old girl from Bennington, Vt., was operating the ATV heading east on a trail when it collided with a trail bike ridden by Michael Binney, 52 of East Long Meadow, Mass., which was heading north through a trail intersection.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the front wheel of Binney’s trail bike struck the juvenile female in the collision. The girl sustained serious injuries and was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Hinsdale Fire personnel, where she was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for further treatment due to the serious nature of her injuries.
The accident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Hinsdale Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation