Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in trail accident in Hinsdale
HINSDALE — A 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries in an ATV accident at the Hinsdale Campground on Saturday.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were called to the Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill at 2:53 p.m. Saturday, to respond to an accident involving two off-highway recreational vehicles. The accident occurred near power lines on private property outside of the campground.
The accident involved an ATV and a trail bike. A 14-year-old girl from Bennington, Vt., was operating the ATV heading east on a trail when it collided with a trail bike ridden by Michael Binney, 52 of East Long Meadow, Mass., which was heading north through a trail intersection.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the front wheel of Binney’s trail bike struck the juvenile female in the collision. The girl sustained serious injuries and was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Hinsdale Fire personnel, where she was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for further treatment due to the serious nature of her injuries.
The accident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Hinsdale Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 4
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses