Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in trail accident in Hinsdale
HINSDALE — A 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries in an ATV accident at the Hinsdale Campground on Saturday.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were called to the Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill at 2:53 p.m. Saturday, to respond to an accident involving two off-highway recreational vehicles. The accident occurred near power lines on private property outside of the campground.
The accident involved an ATV and a trail bike. A 14-year-old girl from Bennington, Vt., was operating the ATV heading east on a trail when it collided with a trail bike ridden by Michael Binney, 52 of East Long Meadow, Mass., which was heading north through a trail intersection.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the front wheel of Binney’s trail bike struck the juvenile female in the collision. The girl sustained serious injuries and was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Hinsdale Fire personnel, where she was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for further treatment due to the serious nature of her injuries.
The accident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Hinsdale Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse