Home » News » Public Safety
Teen girl injured in trail accident in Hinsdale
HINSDALE — A 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries in an ATV accident at the Hinsdale Campground on Saturday.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were called to the Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill at 2:53 p.m. Saturday, to respond to an accident involving two off-highway recreational vehicles. The accident occurred near power lines on private property outside of the campground.
The accident involved an ATV and a trail bike. A 14-year-old girl from Bennington, Vt., was operating the ATV heading east on a trail when it collided with a trail bike ridden by Michael Binney, 52 of East Long Meadow, Mass., which was heading north through a trail intersection.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the front wheel of Binney’s trail bike struck the juvenile female in the collision. The girl sustained serious injuries and was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Hinsdale Fire personnel, where she was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for further treatment due to the serious nature of her injuries.
The accident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Hinsdale Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 2
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072