Turkish Cultural Center honors four from NH at Manchester event
New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney received the community service award; state Education Commission Virginia M. Barry received the education award; and WMUR-TV anchor Jennifer Vaughn was presented with the media award at the first Annual Friendship Dinner & Award Ceremony.
Exeter Paralympic swimmer Victoria Arlen, who won a gold medal at the 2012 London Paralympics, was honored with a special recognition award.
The four were selected for their contributions to strengthen peace, harmony and diversity in New Hampshire and the United States.
Civic, legislators and education leaders were among the estimated 100 people who attended the dinner and award ceremony at the Radisson Hotel.
Turkey and the United States are both nations that have successfully hosted diverse colleges, Turkish Cultural Center New York vice president Mehmet Kilic told the gathering.
';We are very ambitious to work so hard and contribute to the qualify of life in New Hampshire and the United States,'; Kilic added.
The Turkish Cultural Center New Hampshire will be opening its official offices here in the next few months. The civic, non-profit organization is dedicated to promoting peace and tolerance through mutual understanding and respect.
Peace Islands Institute recognizes the altruism, philanthropy and commitment of the four recipients.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.