May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man accused of robbing city store says he's 'trying to work'
MANCHESTER — A city man accused of robbing Mr. Mike’s convenience store at 1932 Wellington Road early Sunday morning with an unidentified partner could enter no plea Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of robbery.
Michael McKellar, 53, of 26 Dover St., is accused of being the man who reached over the counter, assaulted the clerk and grabbed money from the cash drawer before he and his partner fled the store.
McKellar told Judge Gregory Michael that he works part time, between nine and 16 hours a week.
“I’m trying to work, to do the right thing,” he said.
Police prosecutor Lt. Ron Mello said McKellar has a New Hampshire record that includes several burglaries, possession of narcotic drugs, simple assault, and, in March 2012, first-degree assault. Mello said McKellar also has a record in Massachusetts.
Michael granted the prosecutor’s request for $50,000 cash/surety bail. A probable cause hearing was set for Oct. 30.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424