Atlas gets tie in Manchester hockey
A goal with 13 seconds left with their goalie pulled enabled Atlas Precision Metal Fabricators to tie Billy’s Sports Bar 3-3 in Manchester 40-Plus Hockey action.
Sixth skater Kelly Morgan tipped in a shot from the point to earn Atlas the tie, following earlier goals by Mike Desmond and Ken Proulx. Gerry Bergeron had kept Atlas with range, ending up with 29 saves in the game.
Billy’s had taken the lead on goals by Ron Lavoie, Ken Roberge and John Cail. Tom Vincent recorded 21 saves for Billy’s.
In the second game, Phaneuf Funeral Homes & Crematorium rallied for a 5-4 win over Complete Team Outfitters.com. CTO had forged to a 4-1 lead before Phaneuf scored the game’s final four goals to earn the victory.
Roger Lajeunesse got Phaneuf on the board first, scoring on a penalty shot.
Following that goal, CTO scored the next four goals from Guy Montminy, team captain Eric Grant, Rick Crocker and Dave L’Heureux.
The game turned on four straight goals from Phaneuf scorers Dave Jack, Dave Garrett, Dave Beliveau and Glen Williams, whose power play goal was the game winner. Rockey Desrosiers had 30 saves for Phaneuf; Sean Sullivan had 27 for CTO.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway's Jeff Locke frustrates Cardinals - 0
- Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start - 0
- Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Home cooking suiting Nolan - 0
- NH's Jeff Locke remains in big leagues as Pittsburgh starter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time