Paul Revere's other story at Leach Library
LONDONDERRY — A Hingham, Mass., actress and storyteller will share a tale of the American Revolution few have read in their history books, during a special performance at the Londonderry Leach Library next month.
Joan Gatturna, who perfected her portrayal of Rachel Revere over the years at Boston’s Paul Revere House, will present “The Other Side of the Midnight Ride: A Visit with Rachel Revere” on Thursday, Nov. 15.
Rachel Revere was in her late 20s when she married Paul, and in her early 30s by the time the American Revolution rolled around.
“Let’s just say I’m a lot older than that, so my character is looking back on history,” Gatturna said.
“The Other Side of the Midnight Ride” will take place at the Londonderry Leach Library, 276 Mammoth Road. The program will begin at 7 p.m., and refreshments will be served.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
The casino vote: The House did its duty