Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Search for body of missing UNH student to continue all weekend
PORTSMOUTH — Crews will continue water searches for the body of 19-year-old Lizzi Marriott through the weekend if necessary, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office.
Associate Attorney General Jane Young said Friday that four boats were out on the water, the eighth day crews have searched around Peirce Island for the missing University of New Hampshire sophomore.
Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of 1 Mill St., Apt. 341, in Dover has been charged with second-degree murder for allegedly suffocating and/or strangling Marriott in his apartment on the night of Oct. 9, the last day she was heard from.
Young said “credible information” led them to Peirce Island and the surrounding waters to search for her body.
Multiple agencies have been involved in the search effort. Helicopters from Maine and New Hampshire conducted air searches as far out as the Isles of Shoals. Up to four boats have been on the water every day scouring the area.
So far Young said they have not discussed an end date for the search.
The AG's office has not released any new information on the homicide investigation since a press conference on Monday. The Dover Police Department is leading the investigation, but has deferred all comment to the AG's office.
Police have only said that Mazzaglia and Marriott were known to each other, but have not confirmed how. Family and friends said Marriott was on her way to visit a female friend on Mill Street the night she disappeared and have said Mazzaglia was the girl's boyfriend.
Young has declined to comment on whether other arrests are expected in the case.
Although Marriott had only just started her first semester at UNH, her death has affected the entire campus community.
Hundreds of students attended a remembrance service for Marriott on the lawn of Thompson Hall on Thursday afternoon to offer their condolences to the family and pay their respects.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424