May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Thief takes nuns' purses, other items
Police are looking for this man, whose picture was captured on a store surveillance camera, in the theft of two purses and fraudulent use of credit cards.
Manchester man arrested in thefts of nuns' purses
MANCHESTER — Police are asking for the public's help catching a man suspected of going on a credit-card-fueled spending spree after stealing pocketbooks from two nuns, along with items being prepared for sale at a charity fair.
The nuns are members of the Sisters of the Holy Cross.
A nun, working with maintenance employees to set up the fair for the order's health center, noticed her pocketbook, containing a credit card, had been taken.
Police were immediately called, and the credit card company was notified to cancel the account. Before the call was made, the thief used the card four times to conduct business with local merchants.
While police were taking a report about the first stolen pocketbook, a second nun approached to report the disappearance of her purse.
The second nun also told police a maintenance worker had been standing in her office without any purpose for being there. Some time later she also found that her purse had been taken.
In addition to the stolen pocketbooks, an X-Box 360 and lottery scratch tickets, among other items, being readied for display at the fair were taken.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect, taken as he used the credit card in a local store. Anyone with any information concerning his identity contact Manchester police Det. David Dupont at 668-8711, ext. 399.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 34
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424